Follow Me on Facebook

Andrew Billington Photographyon

Thursday 4 December 2008

That Was The Week That Was


I had a very busy week last week PLUS the flu so it was all a bit of a blur.
Wednesday night I had some performance photography across at Staffs University for a show called 'The Knotty' - it's that small studio space but as the shots were going up at The New Vic Theatre I had to try to shoot close so it looked like a larger space.
That was followeed on Friday by a bit of 'papping' for a Gala performance across at The New Vic. Honoured guests, VIPs etc.
And then on Saturday it was across to Telford to do a shoot with a model called Amypetal. That was the most fun! She wanted some portfolio shots doing and I took a selection of props and my portastudio over and we mucked about for about 3 hours.
I was really pleased with the results - as was she - and for a very simple set up I think we achieved some good results.
As I have said it's really a different approach for me to be in charge of creating the image rather than capturing what it unfolding in front of me, and I like it. I shall try to push this further.
As we move towards Christmas work slows down a bit, which is nice, and I shall recharge my batteries for te New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.