Follow Me on Facebook

Andrew Billington Photographyon

Friday 12 February 2010

2010 - THE Year



First blog of the year and a firm wrap over the knuckles for not doing it sooner.
A lot is happening and I'm constantly trying to push the results of my photography to create better and more satisfying shots.
In the studio I've been trying some new set ups to get that slickly lit look that is all over – and I like it! Three light set ups seem to give the results I'm looking for – a beauty-dish or softbox keylight, 180 degree bare flash for highlights and a backdrop light to get that graduated look or add a splash of colour.
In the Theatre I've changed my technique slightly to get that 'defining moment'. Two cameras, one Canon 5D mk2 with a 24-70 f2.8 and a canon 1D mk3 with a 70-200 f2.8. Motor drives enabled on both. Move round the action, find the shot and fire off a few frames. Within those shots I try to get that exact moment of drama and interaction – and it appears to be working. I think working in theatre for 20 years has helped me anticipate the shot where all the drama, tension and story is contained.
Coming up in the next couple of months are some bridal shoots for Make-up Artist Daniella and another studio shoot for Jason Kester and the Believers (including some HD video of performances) and some extreme make-up fashion work. Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.